Saturday, July 09, 2005

Vacation Update

To all you bitching and whining about me not posting since I left for vacation, screw you! To everyone else thanks for being patient. The trips for the most part is going well. Here are some random updates of late...

  • After 15 hours in the car, no one was left at the side of the road. There was about 5 seconds of contemplation where I was thinking about tossing The Girl out of the car when we had to debate over the difference between a random turkey sub and a "Subway" turkey sub.
  • We got to drive through Beaver, Pennsylvania which always makes me laugh. I will share a picture later.
  • My hometown of Phillipsburg, New Jersey is just as white trash as I remember it. Sorry, if you live there. I've never seen so many elderly people in my entire life. It seem as though you are constantly waiting for somebody with a walker to get across a parking lot. Also, I have seen at least three bath tub Jesus'. I know you are all jealous.
  • The weather sucked on Friday and we didn't get to go to Dorney Park. We did, however, get to see Revenge of the Sith. The kids liked it as did I. The Wife not so much. The whole prequel thing was very confusing for her.
  • We took a side trip to the Jersey Shore today. The weather was awesome and we had a great time. What a people watching extravaganza. There was more more fat than you can see at a hog slaughter. I will admit that I didn't see the expected about of mullets. Again, when we return home, I have pictures for proof of this little experience.

Tomorrow, we have a mini reunion of sorts where my parents have invited a group of people that we knew as children in our neighborhood. I anticipate this will be a bevy of bloggable material. After that we are driving down to Washington, DC for a couple of days wandering around the sights. That is if the fucking terrorists can refrain from bombing while we are there. Note: The Carrotpenis' will not change their plans over the actions of you pussie bastards!

I will again try to post from the road.

P.S. Mike and Evil Twin, hope that you are well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any needles wash up on the Jersey shore? Dead bodies?

Enjoy your trip! We miss you on the choo-choo!

angela marie said...

Glad you are having fun!
Looking forward to pics and 'family reunion' stories when you get back...

Anonymous said...

Dorney Park
loved going there as a kid