Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Stupid Rain!

All day yesterday the sun was out and the weather was beautiful. That is, until about two seconds before I am ready to hustle out the door to the train. Just my luck! When I hit the lobby it is absolutely pouring with thunder and lightning to boot (i have a small phobia about getting struck by lightning but we can save that for another day); and there I am with no fucking umbrella. Since I had a few extra minutes, I decided to run back up to my office to see if in my slackerdom I had one sitting there from a previous time when it rained in the morning, but I was too lazy to bring it home. By the way, just for this very reason, I have about 4 umbrellas in play at all times. I always have a couple in the trunk of my car because I know that I am notorious for leaving them at the office. Nothing sucks worse than getting out of your car in the morning to walk to the train in the rain and realizing you don't have an umbrella. The afternoon is almost as bad, but at least you don't have to sit in wet clothes for half the day at work.

Well wouldn't you know it, no umbrella in my office. I then resorted to a covert search of the community coat closet to see if there were any other slackers that had left theirs.

Side note...Ever steal an umbrella from a restaurant? Come on you know you have. It's pouring rain outside and you don't have one. There is like fifty in a pile on the floor. No one is around. Boom, you're dry and on your merry way. Don't lie.

Well as luck would have it, there was one in the coat closet. As I am now in jeopardy of being late for my train, I go flying out the door with my sack in one hand and the umbrella in the other. Since I put the umbrella up very quickly, I really didn't get a great look at what was embossed on it. Only after going to get on the train, do I notice that it's this very flamboyant, floral, Estee Lauder version. You know the kind that you get at Marshall Field's when you buy a $50 make up purchase at the gift counter. I figure I only walked past a few hundred other commuters with my "look I'm a woman trapped in a man's body" umbrella. Oh well, it certainly won't be the last time that I embarrass myself in public.

8 comments:

mark said...

i heard it's like 203984320948 degrees there in chicago... better get to the pier and cool that carrotpenis of yours off...

wait, that was not cool

Japronika said...

Sorry 4 the crazy weather. We don't have it any better in
ATL. Its hot as hell!!!

Melina said...

that's instant karma, that's what that is!

Anonymous said...

I have indeed stolen an umbrella from a resteraunt

angela marie said...

Well, at least it didn't say "Look at me with my cosmetic umbrella...I am gay."

Oh wait. It essentially did.

**snicker**

Wildefrost said...

Dude, you can always go to a lost and found and pick up an umbrella. It's the one thing that people tend to leave behind the most. Yessss! (Raining here in North Carolina too).

Anonymous said...

Just from a restaurant?? Hell, I've taken them from LOTS of places...in an "emergency." I believe that's just what you do with umbrellas...they're interchangeable...take one/leave one! LOL

I'm a teacher...I end up with like 40 of them in my classroom at the end of the year. Kids NEVER remember them. I have every shape/size imaginable. Never, thought, have I encountered an Estee Lauder one. Hmm.

Next time, opt for the penis shaped one...LOL

Anonymous said...

gee it hasnt rained in awhile in KY
but funny thing is it is raining right now ...buckets

came via BE
added to BlogRoll will be back again