Thursday, May 12, 2005

Fashion Tip: Shawls

Here's another little fashion tip for you overweight ladies. Please do not fall victim to the fashion trend of wearing a shawl-like garment draped over your shoulder. One of two things will happen. First the shawl will probably be too small to cover your gigantic ass. If this is the case, you will look like you forgot to remove your fancy napkin from your big evening of gorging yourself on lobster tails at the all-you-can-eat see food buffet. Not good. Or even worse you find enough fabric to make one to cover yourself. In this case it looks more like a boat sail than a shawl and people may start asking you when the America's Cup is starting. Either way, just don't go there.

Next time on Fashion Tip: Something from some of my own experiences; why overweight men shouldn't wear rugby shirts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harsh but true; I feel the same way about big ass heifers in ponchos. When that fashion craze started earlier last year, the first one I say, I though she looked like a big fish caught in a net.

Courtney said...

Very few people actually look flattering in the shawls and ponchos.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I enjoy posting fashion tips, too!

I think the shawl-like garment and the poncho should GO AWAY! They turn every woman into an overweight woman. Just hideous.

Then again, there are people I'd like to throw a poncho over sometimes.

Jstar718 said...

The only time I wear a shawl or a poncho in in the theater. I always get cold. ANd I carry it into the theater so no one see me in it.