Monday, May 02, 2005

My Performance Review

You'll have to be patient with me the next day or so regarding the regularity of posting. I am writing my own performance review and need to focus on that until it's completed. Don't worry, my boss writes one too. He just has us write our own to make sure we are both on the same page. I am calling it "Walks on Water Vol. IV". While you try to honestly evaluate your situation, you certainly limit your weaknesses to only those that you think are glaringly obvious and then carefully word those as developmental needs or spin them to see like positives.

For instance, though this is probably close to the truth, I am not going to write it in my performance review. Carrotpenis is a horrible procrastinator that gets a thrill from seeing how close he push a deadline and still get his work done. He is also extremely intolerant of stupid people and will do anything he can to avoid working with them.

Instead it will probably read something like this. Carrotpenis does what it takes to meet important deadlines; works well under pressure. He's exhibits a team player attitude and treats other equally when working with them. Carrotpenis must continue to expand his role by working on projects with others outside his normal area of expertise. Doesn't that sound much nicer.

See it's all about spin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All while doing nothing.

Molly said...

That cracked me up! I like the spin...working with what you have!