Wednesday, June 04, 2008

8 Random Things....

Was trying to come up with a longer post but I'll try and dazzle you with some random highlights...

  • Watched the Golden Compass on DVD recently with kids. Visually, it was stunning and Nicole Kidman is smoking hot in it. That said, the complete bullshit cliffhanger ending was horrible. I understand there's going to be another movie or two but this isn't Lord of the Rings. I felt like I got fucked in the ass without the reach around. Even The Girl wasn't buying into the hype.

  • Actually won a freaking adult soccer game. It's about time too, I can't stack the team any more than I already have. I've gone from one of the better male players on the team to easily the worst. It was doubly satisfying because we beat a team that I can't standing. Well just one person in particular.

  • Went to my 5th Cubs game vendor boondoggle of the season. This one was in super skybox. There's few things better than a day at Wrigley. Cold beer, hot girls, good times! It was made all the better by the fact that the vendor provided a bus from Gurnee Mills to the game and back. I also won $17 playing Ship, Captain, Crew on the bus. Whoo Hoo!

  • Just finished The Kite Runner. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I am betting that may be a "Man Card" violation.

  • Female Fashion tip for the week- if you have fat calves, don't wear high boots even if they're black. They aren't flattering even though your friends tell you they are; they're liars.
  • Male fashion tip for the week- If you are starting to bald on top but not on the sides and front, cut your hair really short or better yet shave your head. That munk look is so 13th century.
  • Left Stupid Cat outside all night in hopes that he would be kidnapped by racoons or carried off by a hawk; no such luck there.
  • Mowed front lawn the other night so that my house is not the blight of the neighborhood. Thank the Lord that I have a fence and people can't see the back yard.

No comments: